A huge thank you to all the applicants who took the time to submit very insightful papers and encouraged peers and co-workers to do so.
If you successfully submitted an abstract before the deadline date, we will be in touch with you personally in late April to inform you if your paper has been accepted or not. Thank you for your interest.
If you have any further questions then please let us know at: [email protected]
The Gastech Governing Body is made up of a senior, select group of industry professionals, representing the full global gas & LNG supply chains – commercially as well as technically. Gastech’s Governing Body Members help shape the outline of the conference, advise on topics for the call for papers and then select the very best possible content for the conference agenda.
After the call for papers is closed and, the papers are put through a democratic voting process; the Governing Body vote on the abstracts ensuring all submissions are fairly graded and purely chosen "by the industry, for the industry".
If your abstract is successfully selected, you will be given the opportunity to share your insights with some of the most important people in the industry.
View the Gastech Governing Body here
The Governing Body Members grade each abstract on specific criteria, resulting in an overall mark out of a maximum possible 40 points. Governing Body members may also choose to move abstracts to sessions which are more relevant to the content of the paper. The voting process takes place in March 2018 and successful applicants will be informed shortly afterwards. At the core of Gastech’s ethos is that voting is an entirely democratic process; no one Governing Body Member carries more weight than any other. All abstracts are fairly graded and purely chosen “by the industry, for the industry”.
1. INTEREST – 10 POINTS (MAX)
- How interesting is the subject matter to the Gastech audience or to the industry overall?
- Does it capture their imagination and will it share important and useful progress and updates, or new information?
2. TOPICALITY – 10 POINTS (MAX)
- Is the abstract relevant to the Gastech audience or to the industry now?
- Will it demonstrate the latest attitudes in thinking, innovation or in delivery?
3. ORIGINALITY – 10 POINTS (MAX)
- Is the abstract sharing a subject or theme that is new and original material not seen at other industry conference before?
- If it is a familiar subject, does it demonstrate new and innovative updates or progress not yet widely known?
4. THE PRESENTER – 10 POINTS (MAX)
- Is the proposed speaker (not the company) considered a good orator who can successfully convey and present information to an international audience?
- If unknown, this must be graded a neutral 5 points.
The Strategic Conference examines the most pertinent commercial challenges, project funding & development, trading, pricing, geopolitical issues, market outlook, and analysis.
The Technical Conference covers topics from upstream exploration and field development, through processing, pipelines and shipping to downstream petrochemicals and power generation.The Technical Conference will offer attendees the best business critical content spanning the entire value chain.
If your abstract is successful voted through by the Governing Body, we will be in touch shortly after the final selection meeting to let you know.
- A member of the Speaker Management team will then contact you to start the process of publicising your paper’s credentials, including speaker names, biographies /photos and a summary of your abstract. In the preceding weeks to the conference, we will be in touch to manage logistics and presentation requirements with you.
- The presenter (but not additional authors) will be entitled to a full access, free of charge conference pass that provides access to all conference sessions and the exhibition halls. Invitation to Speaker Dinner and to other speaker events are also be included.
- Speakers will be responsible for their own hotel accommodation, travel, food or other incidental expenses.
- Speakers will be offered discounted rates for colleagues wishing to attend. Please contact Jamie Gordon for further details: Tel: +44 020 3615 2393, Email: [email protected]
Unsuccessful applicants will be contacted by phone at the same time that successful applicants are contacted. We may still invite you to present your abstract as a poster within the exhibition halls, or as a digital article on our dedicated online news service – Gastech Insights.
Your abstract may still be considered for other events that we believe are suitable. You can fine out more details on our other upcoming international events here
- Complimentary access to full commercial and technical sessions
- Access to exclusive speaker only networking sessions; including the prestigious speakers’ dinner pre-event and the private speaker lounge
- Exclusive invitations to social functions and access to unrivalled networking opportunities enabling you to meet other industry leaders and potential clients
- Gain international recognition and share the stage with other world-class leaders at the world’s largest and most prestigious energy conferences
- Be profiled and seen across an extensive marketing campaign reaching hundreds of thousands of industry professionals
There are no costs incurred for submitting, applying and speaking at the conference
However, unfortunately we do not cover travel and accommodation costs for successful speakers.
Register as a delegate here taking advantage of the Early Bird Rate ending 31st of March 2018