Jonathon leads KPMGs QLD Oil & Gas practice. He has over 25 years experience in a variety of strategy, operational and project management roles. He has performed these roles in Oil & Gas, Mining, Financial services, State and Federal Government, Telecommunications, Health and IT industries as a Program / Project Manager, Consultant, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer.
Key Projects Jonathon has led include:
- Project partner accountable for the development of the strategy and operating model for an Australian Oil and Gas asset. This project involved the development of a 3 year strategy and associated operating model for the business, ensuring clear linkages to national and international elements of the business.
- Project partner accountable for designing and implementing an integrated commercial and production operations capability for an East Coast Coal Seam Gas (CSG) to Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) asset. This project involved defining and simulating the response to major production impacting events. The project effectively integrated upstream, downstream, commercial, field, plant and head office teams.
- Project partner accountable for design of the Cost Management Improvement Programme for a CSG operator, focussed on G&A cost management which has resulted in increased parent company overhead recoveries and threefold increase in time writing compliance.
- Project partner accountable for KPMG resources delivering improvements to Coal Seam Gas operators. These projects have covered a number of operational areas in the industry including: cost transparency, sustainability, upstream delivery, operations, finance, environmental compliance and contracts and procurement.
- Led the development of corporate strategy for companies in the Mining, Healthcare, Federal Government and Financial Services sectors over the last 10 years, including a role as the GM of Corporate Strategy as Austrade.
- Led the design, development and implementation of operating models in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Healthcare and Financial Services sectors resulting in the successful transformation of these businesses.
- Led the design development and implementation of procurement transformations across government, rail and mining clients.