Under the Patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai
تحت رعاية صاحب السمو الشيخ محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم نائب رئيس الدولة رئيس مجلس الوزراء الإمارات العربية المتحدة حاكم دبي
Expected In-Person Attendees
Expected In-Person Delegates
Exhibitors - 20% of Space Remaining
Countries With Participating In-Person Attendees
Exhibiting Country Pavilions
Dedicated Industry Zones
The Future Of Energy Podcast
The Future Of Energy Podcast brings you the latest insights and updates on the technology shaping the future energy landscape. Join our host Chris Caswell, VP of LNG Technology at Kiewit Engineering Group Inc. and Gastech Technical Co-Chair as he discusses technological developments from across the industry with the leaders working on the latest innovations.
#003 David Colson, Commercial VP, GTT
In this month's podcast, Chris is joined by David Colson, Commercial Vice President from GTT, a world-leading technology company in the shipping industry. David is a well-known speaker at Gastech and similar events where he delivers an interesting balance of technical and commercial perspectives on LNG. He also has tremendous insights into the energy industry and the application of technology as well as recently becoming a French Citizen!
Some of the topics covered:
- The importance of shipping to the LNG industry
- A brief overview of the beginning of the cryogenic shipping industry and some current industry statistics
- The differences among leading containment systems and why membrane technology is the preferred choice for new ships
- The expansion of the Panama Canal
- How “LNG as a fuel” is being embraced
- If the huge interest in hydrogen will complement or displace the growth opportunities for LNG
- The differences in containment systems between hydrogen and LNG
- How shipping is taking a lead in the reduction of CO2 emissions and meeting international standards
- Observations from working in shipyards
#002 Justin Hearn, Former Industry Manager, LNG / Natural Gas, BASF Gas Treatment
In this month’s podcast, Chris is joined by Justin Hearn, Former Industry Manager, LNG / Natural Gas, BASF Gas Treatment. Justin is a well-known figure in the gas processing industry and has been front and centre regarding nearly every part of the gas processing industry.
Some of the topics covered:
- What companies get wrong when it comes to gas processing
- At what point should owners and contractors involve specialists in projects?
- Justin’s view on the leading license technology giants like BASF vs the open art strategy for gas processing
- What causes foaming, how to prevent it and what are some mitigation strategies
- Turn down and flexibility in gas processing units
- Technical challenges for accommodating feed gas composition for plants that take pipeline gas
#001 Roberto Ruiperez Vara, Director LNG Technology, Operations and Projects, Freeport LNG
For today's podcast, Chris is joined by Roberto Ruiperez Vara from Freeport LNG. As you may know, Freeport LNG recently began full operations at their three-train LNG export facility in the United States. Chris and Roberto had a great discussion around the history of Freeport LNG and the technology incorporated in this unique project.