Energy Business Leaders
Senior Vice President Energy Transition Reliance Industries
Frank Wouters has been leading renewable energy projects, transactions, and technology development for more than 30 years and played a lead role in the development of renewable energy projects valued at over $5 billion.
He served as Deputy Director-General of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) from 2012 to 2014.
Mr. Wouters has served on the board of energy companies in Europe, Asia, the US and Africa and currently serves as:
• Senior Vice President Energy Transition at Reliance Industries,
• Director of the EU GCC Clean Energy Technology Network, a platform that fosters partnerships between Europe and the Gulf,
• Fellow, Payne Institute, Colorado School of Mines,
• Chairman of the MENA Hydrogen Alliance,
• Chairman of the Dii Advisory Board,
• Non-Executive Board Director of Gore Street Capital, London, and
• Non-Executive Board Director of Vast Solar in Australia.
Frank has authored several books on renewable energy and green hydrogen and lives in Abu Dhabi. He has a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Delft University.