Where Talent Meets Opportunity
The Young Gastech programme provides an exciting opportunity for students from all degree backgrounds, looking to pursue a career in Gas & LNG, and for young energy professionals within the first 2 years of their energy career.
This free-to-attend programme will allow young attendees to discuss and discover the exciting future of the industry through bespoke Young Gastech sessions. Additionally, they will benefit from hearing policy makers, business leaders, disruptors and innovators of the sector throughout the rest of the conference.
Attendees and applicants will be selected based on the submission of either a video or written essay. Deadline date to be released shortly
How to attend?
1. Applicants are required to submit an answer on the below subject:
Cast your mind forward to the year 2050. How do you anticipate the energy industry to look? What will it take for the sector to reach this vision?
2. Choose a format to send your application
- Written essay: No more than 1,000 words
- Video essay: No longer than 10 minutes
3. Submit your application
Applications received before Monday 6 July 2020 will be considered to present at Gastech.
The essay competition winner will be given the opportunity to present in the Gastech Innovation Zone and receive a complimentary pass to attend the VIP networking reception
"This is the right time for you to embrace opportunities and positions to pursue careers in this sector. The industry provides a multitude of employment opportunities, in disciplines such as finance, economics and legal.."
Former Minister at Ministry of Trade, Investment & Enterprise of Sakha Republic
Young Gastech Participant 2011
Why Apply to Attend Young Gastech?
- Receive a complimentary pass to the world's largest Gas, LNG and Energy Exhibition & Conference worth SGD6,630
- Benefit from bespoke Young Gastech panel discussions and workshops
- Gain career and industry Young Gastech panel discussions and workshop
- Jump start your career by meeting leaders from across the Gas, LNG and Energy value chain
- Attend exclusive industry networking parties
- Increase your network at all levels from industry peers to CEO’s
Gastech Insights sat down with Christopher Johnson, Project Analyst, Stolt Tankers BV at Gastech 2019 in Houston to discuss winning the Young Gastech Trailblazer award and what can be done to attract younger generations to the energy industry.
In an attempt to dispel the myth that the energy industry is just for engineers, Gastech Insights spoke to nine professionals currently working in the energy sector to share their unique career journeys. From Marketing to HR, Business Development to Legal, the industry presents opportunities for all types of careers.